• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

id please (1 Viewer)

paul_j_c2000

hi i am new to moths i found this one in woodland the best shot i could get iam afraid i have looked through some books but i think i need some pointers,i dont think the picture is good enough to get a true id as it didnt settle for long maybe the plant will help?

Attachments

• id.jpg
    id.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 183
paul_j_c2000 said:
hi i am new to moths i found this one in woodland the best shot i could get iam afraid i have looked through some books but i think i need some pointers,i dont think the picture is good enough to get a true id as it didnt settle for long maybe the plant will help?

Hello Paul,
You won't find that in a moth book, it's a Skipper butterfly, I can't tell which one from that angle or without an exact size reference, For some species you need to see the colour of the underside of the antennae, they can be quite confusing at times.

Harry

paul_j_c2000 said:
thanks i thought i had posted the attachment wrongly,why cant i see it myself ?

Paul,
If you can't see your picture, it could be something to do with your computer settings, but you will have to wait until one of the techno dweebs shows up to advise you. Sorry.

Harry

Hi Paul,

Do you see anything between '...maybe the plant will help?' and the blue bar? Such as a 'box', or the words 'attached thumbnails'? Or is there just nothing there?

And do you happen to know what browser you're using? (eg Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera)

Thanks

Ollie

hi yes i have a box with attatched thumbnails but cant see them ,i am using internet explorer ,i am thinking it could be my zone alarm fire wall ?dont no how to fix it
Green Fields said:
Hi Paul,

Do you see anything between '...maybe the plant will help?' and the blue bar? Such as a 'box', or the words 'attached thumbnails'? Or is there just nothing there?

And do you happen to know what browser you're using? (eg Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera)

Thanks

Ollie

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back