• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some questions regarding digiscoping (1 Viewer)

Odradek

Hi,

i am still searching for the right setup. After trying a Panasonic V210 Camcorder and recently a Canon SX50 i came back to the idea of digiscoping. But i need some help for finding the right combination. My Fieldscope is a Nikon ED 82 A. It seems that the scope is limited to Nikon Cameras only. But as far as i have seen there is a way to use cameras from other companys. Can someone tell me how and if there is any loose of quality (maybe because of another adapter)? Is there a way to use the Canon PowerShot G15 or GX1 or maybe the Sony RX 100 with the Nikon ED 82 A?

What is the difference between using a eyepiece + compact camera and the way to shot right trough the scope with dslr and without eyepiece? As far as i read, the method of using the dslr without eyepiece lacks the auto focus?

It would be nice if someone can help me.

Hi,

i am still searching for the right setup. After trying a Panasonic V210 Camcorder and recently a Canon SX50 i came back to the idea of digiscoping. But i need some help for finding the right combination. My Fieldscope is a Nikon ED 82 A. It seems that the scope is limited to Nikon Cameras only. But as far as i have seen there is a way to use cameras from other companys. Can someone tell me how and if there is any loose of quality (maybe because of another adapter)? Is there a way to use the Canon PowerShot G15 or GX1 or maybe the Sony RX 100 with the Nikon ED 82 A?

What is the difference between using a eyepiece + compact camera and the way to shot right trough the scope with dslr and without eyepiece? As far as i read, the method of using the dslr without eyepiece lacks the auto focus?

It would be nice if someone can help me.

Hi. Not able to help much but from the days when I tried digiscoping adapters could be found to fit just about any digital camera to any decent spotting scope. I used a Nikon camera on a Leica scope and also on a
Swarovski. Hope you get your answer soon.

Regards.

Thank you for your answer :)

Maybe its the problem that Nikon produces the scopes and cameras too? The Nikon Adapters i found are either for cameras sold out some years ago. Or they fit only for a special type of Nikon Camera. Can´t imagine that there are no other solutions. :-C

I have a normal 38x MC WW eyepiece here too. And it would be grat if i could use this for Digiscoping instead of buying another DS eyepiece.

The Nikon MC type eyepieces can be used for digiscoping with the Nikon Adapter FSA-1 & FSA-2 (sold as set). This converts the MC Wide to the outside dimensions of the newer DC eyepieces.

http://www.nikon.com/products/sportoptics/how_to/digisco2/faq-2.htm

http://www.nikon.com/products/sportoptics/how_to/digisco2/faq-3.htm

Search for:
Nikon FSA-1 & FSA-2 Fieldscope Digiscoping Adapter for MC Series Eyepieces

They have been discontinued by Nikon however, I was able to purchase some by searching links to photo shops.

Nikon continues to offer a universal camera adapter for the DC style EP it is part FSB-U1.
The Universal FSB-U1 is used with the new EDG scopes and discontinued Fieldscope EP

Regards,
FK

Last edited:
Nikon continues to offer a universal camera adapter for the DC style EP it is part FSB-U1.
The Universal FSB-U1 is used with the new EDG scopes and discontinued Fieldscope EP

Regards,
FK

The FSB-UC is better overall than the FSB-U1 (discontinued) if you wanted to do Digiscoping with compact camera on DS eyepiece :king:

The FSB-UC is better overall than the FSB-U1 (discontinued) if you wanted to do Digiscoping with compact camera on DS eyepiece :king:

I agree, ordered the FSB-U1 recently and when it arrived,,, returned it immediately. I will exchange it for the FSB-UC.

Thanks for posting.

Regards,
FK

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back