• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help, I'm losing my mind over finding new Binoculars! (1 Viewer)

Ciao Fiachi Fiore,

At first, I thought Ron was implying that you were a second class citizen. Some of the most memorable figures in American history have been Italian-American: Al Capone, Donnie Brasco, Frank Abbatemarco (aka "Frankie Shots"), Anthony Anastasio, (aka "Tough Tony"), Richard Boiardi (aka "Richie the Boot"), Michael Corleone, Mario Puzo, and last but not least, my cousin, singer Vic Damone, who inspired Puzo to write the character "Johnny Fontaine" in The Godfather.

You don't need to adopt an American name like "Zak" to fit in. Take pride in your Italian heritage! :)

And take pride in owning your Trinny. Even Ron came down from the mountaintop (with white hair and two slab stones) and back to his beloved BA.

"Top Class" is a marketing phrase designed to drain your wallet. It should give you comfort to know that some Leica owners actually prefer the Trinnies to the Ultravids.

The designation (BA or BN) should be on the top nameplate.

Some people are put off by the Trinny's "brick" ergonomics, but with my big "Luca Brasi" hands, having a lot of surface to hold would work to my advantage. As elegant as the Ultravid BLs look, actually holding one would leave me wondering, "Where's the beef?"

Besides, if you were ever mugged, which bin do you want with you to fend off your assailant, a wasted waif Ultravid BL or a beefy brick Trinny? :)

Congrats! on your "new" Leica, and I hope you get many years of enjoyment from it, and leave the bin to your grandchildren as an heirloom. The Trinovid is destined to become a classic.

Ciao , Don Roberto

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back