• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Petchaburi Rice Fields, Thailand, June (1 Viewer)

oleic

Hi

Some ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 70
First looks like a Stilt but from that distance ?

2 probably sandpiper(wood) but again to far to be sure.

3 Young Bronze-winged Jacana

4 Brahminy Kite

5 Looks like male Koel

2 probably sandpiper(wood) but again to far to be sure.
Surely the bill is too long to be a Wood Sandpiper? Here's a crop of the right bird.

Attachments

• Cropped Sandpiper.png
    Cropped Sandpiper.png
    5 KB · Views: 97
I'm sure #1 is a Black-winged Stilt. The pattern and long, pink legs can't really fit anything else. Could you have misjudged the size? From this photo I can't picture this as being as large as a stork, compared to what is visible in the background (grasses etc.)

I agree that #2 looks like Black-tailed Godwits.

Agree above. In summary: black - winged stilt, black - tailed godwits, juvenile bronze - winged jacana, brahminy kite, male koel (whatever the species is after the recent split: was common)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back