• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon XSI Lens (1 Viewer)

Cardamom Pod

Very well, Dr. Humorous Droll
I am thinking of getting a canon rebel xsi, but wonder what lens to pair it with. I was looking at the canon 55-250, since it looks like it produces sharp images. I'm looking to spend very little, and ebay is certainly an option. Any suggestions?

I am thinking of getting a canon rebel xsi, but wonder what lens to pair it with. I was looking at the canon 55-250, since it looks like it produces sharp images. I'm looking to spend very little, and ebay is certainly an option. Any suggestions?

I would recommend buying the Rebel including the kit lens which will give you the 18-55mm range as well. The 55-250, or 75-300 are both good lenses and will get you into birding. I would stay away from eBay unless the seller has lots of great feedback and stick to some of the photography forum classified sections where although care needs to be taken I think you are less likely to have a bad experience.

I would recommend buying the Rebel including the kit lens which will give you the 18-55mm range as well. The 55-250, or 75-300 are both good lenses

The 75-300 has the reputation of being one of the worst lenses Canon have ever made. This month's PhotoPlus magazine has a review of several budget mid-range zooms. The 55-250 comes out on top.

While this is a bit short for most wildlife, it is, by all accounts, a great lens for the price and will give you something to use while you see if you'll get bitten by the bug (and end up spending huge amounts of money).

I bought the XSi a month ago and am getting a tele now
choose the 70-300 IS and a 1.4 TC to use on sunny conditions, if its under your bugdet (around U$600) I think it will be a good setup

first I wanted the sigma 150-500 but buying it oversea I would have no warranty, and ive read a lot of samples of this one being problematic...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back