• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

If you could see any bird in 2013, what would it be? (1 Viewer)

Cassowary without a doubt. Heard one and found very fresh droppings and foot prints (not ther when walked up track but were when came back)

Have achieved my ambition, saw female and a male with chick at Etty Bay today

Attachments

• cass close ups (7).JPG
    cass close ups (7).JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 33
  • cass close ups (3).JPG
    cass close ups (3).JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 38
Poss doing Ghana in Nov so Yellow-headed Picathartes please.
Got Egyptian Plover in Gambia a few weeks ago so thats one out the way.

My nemesis bird is hooded wheatear. I have spent far too much time looking for it and it likes desolate terrain so I'm not even compensated by seeing many other birds while searching.

BTW I have to see it in KSA - its for my country list

For me it would be a Scarlet Ibis... of course, I have no immediate plans to visit their range, so that's pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking!

As for Snowy Owl, I saw my first here in NJ at the Merrill Creek Reservoir last year.

It's not a huge request, as cardinals are frequently seen here, but I *really* want one to come to my feeder. It's a big dream for me to attract them!

In the summer, I would love it if a Rufous Hummingbird would stop by the hummingbird feeder. On rare occasion one is spotted here...hoping I might see one!

It's not a huge request, as cardinals are frequently seen here, but I *really* want one to come to my feeder. It's a big dream for me to attract them!

In the summer, I would love it if a Rufous Hummingbird would stop by the hummingbird feeder. On rare occasion one is spotted here...hoping I might see one!

They love Safflower seed and Sunflower seeds.

They love Safflower seed and Sunflower seeds.

Most of the main foods I leave out are safflower and sunflower.

They just don't seem to be incredibly common in my area..oddly they are being spotted more in more densely inhabited areas..where I live in the woods. lol

One day though, they will discover my feeder! haha

For me there would be 4:

Barred Warbler
Quail
Snow Goose
Lady Amherst's Pheasant

And then my quest would be over - I will have seen all the regulars in the 1983 Shell Guide to the Birds of the UK.

However I believe I will never fulfil my ambition as Lady A's is nigh on extinct (and yes I know it is a plastic tick but...)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back