• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon - A Happy Ending (1 Viewer)

JerryLogan

I was a little doubtful, but Nikon Sports Optics (USA) delivered a very positive experience. They replaced Nikon EDG objective covers for free and shipped at their expense.

I have the 7x42 II. The untethered oem covers quickly loosened and became useless. Thanks to BirdForum I knew I wanted the original flip covers from version I of the 7x42. I asked and they delivered. Perhaps it was because I registered a user ID and logon with the service site. Maybe it was because I asked for a very specific part number. But whatever the reason, I expected a problem and there wasn't a problem. Replaced the covers absolutely free with minimum fuss or fight.

I know others mileage has varied, but my experience was very positive and deserves a report.

Best to all and thanks to Imani at Nikon,
Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back