• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best Bins for Safari (1 Viewer)

Hi Ambrosian,
About the weight limit, usually doesn't take in count what you are wearing. And I disagree with the previous post about the size. One time during safari the car is going to carry yours bins I bet for a bigger glass. In the middle prizes I'd go for a 50mm objetive in seven or ten power. In Southern Africa Parks is always interesting the night. I've spend many happy hours when at first hour of the night thousand of sandgrouses go the the ponds.
By the way, in Jo'burg over the Botanical Gardens there usually had a famous Verreaux Eagle nest.

Thanks Allan,

We're staying just south of the Kruger, in the Sabie Sands reserve along the Sand river. So should be plenty of scope for spotting the odd grey heron, Bateleur, and hooded vultures, even in winter.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back