• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Kites and Urban Gardens (1 Viewer)

Alan Tilmouth

Surveys of garden feeding in Reading have revealed the reason for the high numbers of Red Kites in the city see here but is it a good thing, simply replicating their urban roots of the Middle Ages or should we be discouraging garden feeding?

When I saw "National Trust Premium wild bird food" I thought the NT were selling food to put out for kites :eek!: :king:

Whatever the pros and cons of it, I can't see anyone being able to stop people putting stuff out in their gardens.

If I had the opportunity to feed Red Kites to come into my garden I wouldn't let anybody tell me otherwise, unless it was detrimental to the birds.

Damian

Strikes me it just replicates the niches they used to exploit back when Robin Hood was just a lad.

Maybe there's a niche there @Nutcracker ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back