• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Midwest Bird Symposium (1 Viewer)

scobrown

Does anyone know if one can enter the "vendor" area without being registered for the Symposium? I would love to look around, but I'm not interested in any tours or such and $75 seems a bit steep for a single day, JUST to look at some stuff I likely can't afford... :-C I would gladly donate $15 or something, bt not $75.

I just realllly wanted to check out some gear we never get a chance to touch around here, like Opticron's scopes -- in the market for a 50mm.

Any advie welcomed.

Scott

Scott,

I don't have a solid answer for you but I can offer some experience. In past years, when the Symposium was held in Ohio, you could very easily visit all of the vendor areas without paying for the event itself. Back then the event was set in the middle of a quaint little town and the vendor section was in a small pavilion type area in the middle. Peoples' houses were right across the street from the event and there weren't any fences, etc... that I can remember.

Not sure how they are going to do it in Michigan.

But I do like the fact that you are interested in the Opticron 50 mm. I use mine much more often than my larger 82 mm scope and am absolutely thrilled with the phonescoped images I often get out of it.

Wish you luck at the event. Please do post some comments/experiences if you get the chance to attend.

Hey Scott - I've sent a message to the event organisers asking about this but not heard back yet - I guess they are busy with the prep for the show.

Worse case we can probably hook you up with our local area rep Paul Kardos - he's out of Grosse Point so even if you can't see the MM3 at the event, I'm sure he could arrange to meet up.

HTH

Pete

I'm sure Paul can do you a deal :)

Hope you do get a chance to go there - all the major optics guys will be showing their wares.

Cheers, Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back