• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waterthrush? (1 Viewer)

swamper15

Swamper15
I've been debating with a friend about whether the image at Pearson's Falls is a Louisiana waterthrush or a Northern waterthrush. It's the last (and only bird) image on the page.

I say it's a Louisiana waterthrush, but my friend thinks it's a Northern waterthrush. My friend thinks it's a Northern waterthrush because there are some small spots on the throat. I think it's a Louisiana waterthrush because that's the species the flyers say frequent the area.

Any idea?

Last edited:
Glaring omission on my part not to have mentioned breeding range, Swamper. Louisiana's is what would be seen from late may until a few weeks from now. Pretty good records at Ebird for Northern's moving through general area during migration otherwise. Wont be long before both of us has some practice.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back