• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tomte is here <:) (1 Viewer)

TOMTE<:)

United States
My name is Tomte (or Tomy)! I'm from west Michigan in the US, and I love my local birds. Among the most interesting to me are a family of Blue Jays (one of which, Tåkete, has a bum leg but is perfectly healthy), a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers (which I observed successfully raising 3 young last year!), and a large bird of prey that I haven't been able to identify yet but I'm tentatively leaning toward it being a Northern Harrier. Sharp-shinned/Cooper's Hawks hunt on and around our property frequently because it's a natural bird paradise, LOL.

I've gotten into birding/ornithology as a hobby lately, and I've been into entomology and ecology for a long time. It's really fun how it's all connected :)

I'm excited to learn more and maybe get to know some of you a little bit as I go!

Hi Tomte and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

It's me agaiin.

I just wanted to let you know that my computer changed your name for me because I was addressing you as "TOMTE<:) Now let's see if it does it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back