• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hampshire mid may (1 Viewer)

kev-ips

Can anyone suggest good birding locations around the new Milton area in Hampshire? Mid May is when I’ll be there for 1 week. Any help with this will be appreciated.

Keyhaven, Pennington, Blashford Lakes and 144 sq.miles of the New Forest.

Are you looking for anything in particular and will you have transport?

thanks i,ve heard that keyhaven is very good. yes i have transport and i am looking forward to exploring the new forest as well. only down side is i only have 1 week. seems like a month would have been beter....
thanks for reply.

Having transport makes things a whole lot easier especially for the Forest; if you need any specific info on parking or where to see anything in particular let me know, I live in New Milton, (and by strange coincidence my sister lives in Ipswich).

i guess anything is a bonus. but would like to see a dartford warbler as i have been told it's a good area for them. i known place around where i am but never seen one! but as i say every living thing is a bonus so not to fussy..

Keyhaven will produce Dartford Warbler, more so in winter when several move off the Forest, but there are a few pairs of breeding birds there in summer, you'll see them close to the sea wall in a few places.

Pic below taken this spring near Keyhaven Lagoon.

Attachments

• IMG_5715-c-r-f.jpg
    IMG_5715-c-r-f.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 36
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back