• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New South Wales, Australia (coastal) - August trip (2 Viewers)

lassa8

United States
I will be visiting Australia in early-to-mid August later this year. Essentially, everything outside of Rock Pigeon will be new and time will be at a premium, so I'm not too hung up on trying to find species X or species Y.

I've been poking around eBird for the past few weeks, but it seems to get so-so usage compared to what I'm used to in the US.

Our itinerary isn't settled yet, but we'll likely be ranging between Kangaroo Valley up to Port Stephens south/north of Sydney, and then over to the Blue Mountains area.

My spouse and son aren't super into birds, so my birding time will be a bit limited. What might be a top few locations for species diversity? Bonus points if some mammals might be around too!

Hello lassa8, I think MKinHK's thread about birding in Sydney (and other NSW locations) could be helpful to you :)
Some good locations for birding are included, such as Sydney Olympic Park (with its surrounding parks and wetlands), and Woodford Creek in the Blue Mountains. He also wrote about seeing Australian mammals.

Hello lassa8, I think MKinHK's thread about birding in Sydney (and other NSW locations) could be helpful to you :)
Some good locations for birding are included, such as Sydney Olympic Park (with its surrounding parks and wetlands), and Woodford Creek in the Blue Mountains. He also wrote about seeing Australian mammals.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back