• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x20's? (1 Viewer)

Tell me your experience with them. Good or bad? I'm looking at a pair for my wife and I to use at concerts, graduations, and sporting events etc. No dealer around me has them in stock so I can only look at the pictures. They seem perfect. Very small and weigh hardly anything.

I've found the Zeiss and Nikon to be a little better and the Leica to be much better. How optical quality can vary so much in this particular category I'll never know.

Tell me your experience with them. Good or bad? I'm looking at a pair for my wife and I to use at concerts, graduations, and sporting events etc. No dealer around me has them in stock so I can only look at the pictures. They seem perfect. Very small and weigh hardly anything.

Very nice glasses. I bought a pair for my wife for those very purposes and more! She's taken them to the opera, baseball games and into the Amazon rainforest. They give wonderful images, are very compact and come with a really nice carrying case.

I looked at the Swaro but ended up with the Zeiss 8x20 Victory. At first I was leary of the single hinge but they are curved and fit the hand so naturally. The view is amazing. Actually of all the 8x20 Swaro, Lecia, and the Zeiss are very good, though none are too great for me with eye glasses on. I would look at the Zeiss, unfortunately all are high dollar, but I use them more than I ever would have thought since they are almost always with me.

Forgot to add, do not let other family members use them. My son is a fly-fisherman and is always after them, and slow to return them.

The Best!

They Are!

As sharp and bright as any competing model. In fact there are only two serious competitors: Leica's Ultravid and Nikon's HGL.

You may know there are various editions of the Swaro 8x20, e.g. dedicated opera versions (if it's for the wife:t:).

They are not cheap, but definitely worth every penny.

A very happy owner,
Tom
I agree. The most important feature to me was that they are smaller & lighter than the other similar sized binos. I carry them most of the time and their view is surprisingly good for their size.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back