• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wader, Spain (1 Viewer)

Pancho85

Hi all,

last 5 days there was a pectoral sandpiper near Barcelona. In the next picture you will see it.

PECTORAL

The thing is that it was in a restringed area, and only the ranger can enter there (He is the one who took a picture). Today, we have been there 6 people, watching with our scopes, trying to find it. But we were really far away as it is a forbidden area.

We have seen greenshanks, spotted redshanks, snipes and ringed plovers. But there was one it looked like the pectoral sandpiper, completely alone.

I took just one picture when it was looking to us, but you will see it's a really shitty photo. The thing is that the size was similar to wood sandpiper, but with not diffuse patern on chest, brest colour ended abruptly.

Do you think this one could be the pectoral sandpiper? Although I think it's impossible to know, but looking through the scope it was really similar

It is the white spot in the middle facing us... o:D

Sorry for the picture...that's all I have.

melanotos.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back