• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gulf of Mexico - Sparrow lark and Ruby Crowned Kinglet (2 Viewers)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear Members and Bird Watchers!

I spotted two birds, the first one, Sparrow Lark was ID by the help of my new bird guide "Birds of the West Indies" that I received in Houston

The second bird, the only bird I can see that looks like my bird is the Ruby Crowned Kinglet, but my bird do not have the ruby crown, a young bird? Anyone that can confirm my ID?

And in my previous post, with the Merlin and I found out that some bird watchers thought that I was trying to pull some dirty tricks with "home made" birds.

So, picture #1 and #2 is pictures of Peregrine Falcons. #1 is a Peregrine and it takes off landing forward and I discover two more sitting in the mast, pic #2.

Picture #3 is the crane with the Merlin from my last post, in the picture we can see a Great Blue Heron taking off just as I am going to take a picture.

SAD NEWS!! We found a dead Peregrine Falcon on the boat this morning. The last of 5 that I had flying above me a couple of days ago. I really hope that the other four made it back ashore safe.

I managed to get a few pictures and I took several videos with my "Dinky Toy" camera and I got two that I could make a sound recording of. 2 of the falcons made sound when they came close to each other.

Kind Regards and Happy Birding!
Aladdin

Attachments

• Kinglet (4).jpg
    Kinglet (4).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Peregrin Falcon (3).jpg
    Peregrin Falcon (3).jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Peregrin Falcon (4).jpg
    Peregrin Falcon (4).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 12