• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Now I KNOW that it's Spring (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi folks,

OK, I know that the birds are singing and (some of) the flowers are blooming and all that stuff but what has convinced me is that I've seen a dead hedgehog on the road!

Oh well.

Bill

Hi folks,

OK, I know that the birds are singing and (some of) the flowers are blooming and all that stuff but what has convinced me is that I've seen a dead hedgehog on the road!

Oh well.

Bill

Not the best of events to signal the long awaited arrival of Spring.
The poor old moorhen's will be the next lot of road casualties I bet.

but wait, that's why the water in the pond is all green. It's a glorious day here Bill. The sun is beaming down, the wind still has a bite to it. but that's OK as the washing will be dry. It's a bit chilly indoors, that might be because I've all the windows and doors open.
have a good day
Rose,

Hi folks,

Oh well.

Bill

Hi Bill I know it is spring when I am sitting in the garden having a cup of tea and someone in the next street starts to play the teddy bears picnic on pan pipes very loud and very bad in the garden.

And she's not joking 'cos she phoned to tell me.

But here in Dover it was very nearly Springlike, albeit with a chilly wind. However, by the time I'd got home from sorting out mother, it was really quite glorious and I sat by the pond for a while.

I know it's spring Bill. The blue/great tits are ignoring both my nest boxes(again!) and I've had to put a pair of flip flops on for the first time this year. Now expect snow and tell me please why those little youknowwhats don't use my boxes? One is new and is a lovely shade of titchmarsh blue and looks for all the world like a little beach hut and it's from the RSPB so why Bill Why???
Rose

Hi Lady,

No good asking me, nobody is interested in mine this year yet and they are both boxes that has been used for the last couple of years or more.

If yours are new boxes than make sure they are in the right places, about 6 ft up, facing between NW and NE and not too close together not too close to where they will be disturbed a lot by people walking past or gardening etc.

Sorry, best that I can manage. Good luck, there is still plenty of time.

Bill

Sad to hear the hedgehogs are getting tenderised on the roads again but good that they're starting to appear... if you know what I mean.

Yesterday was VERY spring-like here, lovely and warm, sunshine... and millions of mosquitoes!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back