• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

song description Pine Barrens New Jersey, USA (1 Viewer)

tom baxter

I have been surveying the pine barrens where prairie warblers are quite common right now. This morning I heard a song with a similar sound that crescendoed, but the song was much shorter (about 4 very brief phrases) and less raspy sounding.

Can someone help me ID this warbler that sounds slightly like a prairie warbler? I have a recording and I have listened to it several times, but unfortunately I don't think that I can upload the recording to the computer. Thank you!

If you have the recording on your computer, you can upload it to here. If you need to get it to your computer and can't upload it there, a lower quality way around that is to play it into the computer's microphone, while having the computer record. Even a low quality recording is a big plus.

A Northern Parula has an ascending song - you could try that for starters.

Prairie Warblers will sing a shorter song, still pretty raspy though.

Listen to it here.

As Randy said, a recording would be a big help.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back