• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM V Canon EF-S 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USM Zoom (1 Viewer)

Nikon Kid

Love them Sula Bassana
How close does the Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM come to the Canon EF-S 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USM Zoom.
I am very happy with my Sigma 150 Macro does this Sigma come close ?

How close does the Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM come to the Canon EF-S 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USM Zoom.

In shops I've seen then on the same shelf so they can get very close ;)

But I guess that's not what you mean... reviews would suggest that the Canon does have an edge but that the Sigma is still very good. I've used a friends Sigma 10-20 as was impressed with it, these UWA lenses are good fun.

I have the Sigma and it is excellent, probably soon to be sold as I am hardly using it. Have no negatives about the lens at all.

Phil

I see on WE Sigma have also brought out a new version the Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC HSM.

When I bought the Sigma Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM I was able to take some test shots with both the Sigma and the Canon. The Canon does have the slight edge in the image department but I think the built quality of the Canon is streets ahead of the Sigma.

If UWA was my everyday lens I would have forked out the extra £200 for the Canon. But as it is only used when I fancy a change of photography style the £200 was better spent on other kit.

That said the Sigma is not a bad lens for the money.

After I had posted I noticed that Sigma had the Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC HSM, the price is within £70 of the Canon, how does that fair against the Canon.

After I had posted I noticed that Sigma had the Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC HSM, the price is within £70 of the Canon, how does that fair against the Canon.

I went to Jessops to-day to try out the Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 against the Canon 10-22 f3.5-4-5 on a 50d,. I was very surprised at the results albeit in camera and at 10mm both at f4 on the Sigma at corner edge it was sharp on the Canon it was blurred at the centre the Canon was just a little sharper. The Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 is not in the shops yet so cannot test that.

I think I will be getting the Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 for my venture into landscapes.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back