• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are there rechargeable 2032 coin batteries? Are they safe? (1 Viewer)

SiG

Is there a rechargeable version of the CR2032 coin battery? I use them in my Nikon remote cord, but don't like using disposables. Would rechargeables be safe for this use?

Any advice, including souces of such and chargers, gratefully received.

SiG said:
Is there a rechargeable version of the CR2032 coin battery? I use them in my Nikon remote cord, but don't like using disposables. Would rechargeables be safe for this use?

Any advice, including souces of such and chargers, gratefully received.
There is a rechargeable version, namely LIR2032 (found via a Google search), but it seems to be available only in a wind-up-torch (if you can excuse the pun this is not a wind-up!) in the UK. There is a charger with 2 batteries for sale in the USA, but you will have to do a (LIR2032)Google search because it is on Ebay therefore I cannot put the link here. The LIR2032 is rated at 3.6volts and the CR2032 is 3volts. Hope this is of some help.

Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back