• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sale binoculars (1 Viewer)

Frenchpolisher

This is predominantly aimed at those with a bit of experience of the UK market.

I am looking to get my first proper pair of birding bins. After whittling choices down to the Vortex Diamondback 8x42, I have one final conundrum. It appears that I may not be able to get a pair of these in time for a planned trip at the back end of next week. If not I'm wondering if it may be worth waiting until January to see if there are any better deals in the sales.

Do UK optics stockists do January sales, or do they only really reduce when new products are introduced?

Cheers
Martin

Seemed like the best combination of optical and build quality in my price range, plus excellent guarantee. Eyecups are one thing I've checked thoroughly after advice from you and others and the Vortex ones seemed by far the sturdiest I've tried.

Also tried some Hawke Frontier ED and was very impressed by the sharpness an brightness of the image. Would like to try them side by side with the Ultra HDs.

Back on the subject of sales, do US stores reduce their prices in January?

Cheers
Martin

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back