• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Storage bins (1 Viewer)

Depends what you call cheap and whether you need vermin proof I guess, but I use black plastic dustbins from the local pound shop - £4.99 each.

songbird said:
Depends what you call cheap and whether you need vermin proof I guess, but I use black plastic dustbins from the local pound shop - £4.99 each.

I use plastic dustbins too - I have four of them in the garage (where we have mice - nothing is safe from them - they nibbled the cover of my garden chair recently). I bought the latest one from Wickes, about £5 I think. What is a pound store? £4.99 isn't even a whole number of pounds! :eek!:

Elizabeth Bigg said:
What is a pound store? £4.99 isn't even a whole number of pounds! :eek!:

We have pound shops in every town and village here - haven't they made it to your area? :eek!: The idea is that you can buy any number of things from perfume to tools; washing up liquid to big bags of sweets, all for a £1. Of course they sell other larger items too, hence the bins. I just did a google, they've been around since the 80s! We used to call them "back of a lorry shops" when I lived in Stevenage, cos they sell all the type of things that you can buy on a market stall for instance. ;)

we have pound shops in kent. rather bad value for money though (cola bottles for £1). it is also not well stocked. and has no bins!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back