• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Pentax PF-CA35N Camera Adapter. Nikon? (1 Viewer)

wvsky

I've been searching for an adapter to connect my Nikon D-300 DSLR to my new Pentax PF-80ED scope. It seems that I'm getting a lot of runaround. For instance:

This adapter is NOT sold in the US. As far as I can tell, it's not sold in Canada either. It IS sold all over Europe however, even in Estonia!

But people here tell me that this is NOT a Pentax product. That they don't make camera adapters for competitors cameras. I have a feeling they're wrong. One camera shop in Canada said that they now sell this adapter, but when I asked them about it they said it was the "K" mount. I told then that the "N" in the number refers to Nikon. (PF-CA35N). They disagreed.

Now I'm about to purchase this adapter from Europe, paying much more for it than I would here IF it were offered here.

But the problem I'm having is this: DOES THIS PENTAX ADAPTER FOR NIKON REALLY EXIST? :king:

Thanks!

I think Pentax Europe may have produced this for their market. But it may be just a kludge that incorporates a common K to F mount adapter.

Frankly, I think it is smarter to buy an eyepiece that accepts a Nikon T-ring or even and adapter ring that can attach to a AF 35mm lens, like a Baader Hyperion or even the Pentax XW.

Another choice would be to sell off the Pentax scope and get the superior Nikon 82ED with FSA-L1 adapter. Then you get the adavantages of shooting aperture priority and auto metering with Exposure Compensation.

Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back