• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Logging out (1 Viewer)

Normally questions such as this would go either in Site Notice Board, or the Computer forum, rather than this one, which is more for bird-related questions. But let's see what we can do Ray.

When you say you "can't log out" what actually happens? Do you mean you click on "Log out" and nothing happens, or when you re-open Birdforum after shutting down, you are logged in again? This last could be because you have the Remember me box ticked.

But a bit more info would be helpful.

Normally questions such as this would go either in Site Notice Board, or the Computer forum, rather than this one, which is more for bird-related questions. But let's see what we can do Ray.

When you say you "can't log out" what actually happens? Do you mean you click on "Log out" and nothing happens, or when you re-open Birdforum after shutting down, you are logged in again? This last could be because you have the Remember me box ticked.

But a bit more info would be helpful.
Sorry for the placing mistake delia this is noted, i will try to untick the remember me button, Hmm were is it please thank you...Ray:eek!:

That's OK no problem really.

It's on the Log in screen, a little tick box.

Are you sure you really want to do that though.... you have to remember your case-sensitive Username and password every time you log in (unless you have a wee programme like LastPass to help you)... that sort of thing drives me bats LOL

That's OK no problem really.

It's on the Log in screen, a little tick box.

Are you sure you really want to do that though.... you have to remember your case-sensitive Username and password every time you log in (unless you have a wee programme like LastPass to help you)... that sort of thing drives me bats LOL
Nope i cant find it delia, ive always thought that im not stupid:C
but im beginning to have second thoughts now:gh: never mind, have you never thought the more you cant do it, the more determined you are your going to wino:D, i dont need to sign out, but now ive really really got to do to prove something to myself:-O

Yeah... I know exactly where you're coming from Ray!!

Click on the Forums tab above and on the LHS underneath your name, you'll see Log Out. You may get a "are you sure" message.

You then get a message (I think) enabling you to log in... you certainly do, when you re-visit BF. At the bottom of this log in screen, is a little box beside the message Remember me.

Sorry, I don't actually want to do it myself to remind me, as I'll lose all my BF cookies and things. It's a while since I've logged out.

Yeah... I know exactly where you're coming from Ray!!

Click on the Forums tab above and on the LHS underneath your name, you'll see Log Out. You may get a "are you sure" message.

You then get a message (I think) enabling you to log in... you certainly do, when you re-visit BF. At the bottom of this log in screen, is a little box beside the message Remember me.

Sorry, I don't actually want to do it myself to remind me, as I'll lose all my BF cookies and things. It's a while since I've logged out.
I go to log out then i get the

All cookies cleared!
Return to the page you were previously viewing
Go to forums index

i get nothing about remember me:king:

Yes that's right.

You won't get the Remember me bit until you go to log in again - it's quite small type, so possibly not too obvious unless you're looking for it.

You must have logged in to be able to post this, so I think you just missed it. Look carefully at the screen in front of you next time you log in, and before you click OK or whatever;)

Have you tried going to the left hand upper corner on every page where it say "Hello comtoray" and right below it is the "log out" link and clicking on that?

Yes that's right.

You won't get the Remember me bit until you go to log in again - it's quite small type, so possibly not too obvious unless you're looking for it.

You must have logged in to be able to post this, so I think you just missed it. Look carefully at the screen in front of you next time you log in, and before you click OK or whatever;)
Ive just solved the problem, but i still dont understand the reason why delia:smoke:, i always use firefox as my main browser, a friend told me to try using IE, this i did and Lo-and-Behold, there is no a problem with IE, does anyone know why just out of interest thank you...Ray:t:

LOL Ray, I've never really got to the bottom of what your problem actually was.

However, I've now moved your thread to the Computer Forum, maybe someone can understand what it is you're talking about.

I subscribed you to the thread, so you can find it easily and will get notified of any replies. if you don't want to be subscribed you can unsubscribe through Thread Tools above.

I use PaleMoon, which is a sister site of Firefox, and use FF if I have an issue which I want to check. But as I don't log out of Birdforum (or very rarely) I'm rather struggling to understand your problem. Sorry.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back