• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tom Tom problem (2 Viewers)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I've an in-built Tom Tom in my car (which I've had just over a year) and still struggling to set some favourites. OK easy enough with post codes but not out of the way places. My efforts seem to be hit and miss, sometimes I get it right, but then can't remember the steps I took.

One of my efforts, to try and place the pointer where I was actually sat in my car, brought up what looks like a Russian keyboard covering the list of favourites (apart from the first two). The only way to clear this is to push the selector up so it highlights the first favourite, then across to the right to a funny-looking box, press select. Then I can scroll through the favourites I've set.

How can I get rid of this Russian(?) keyboard and can anyone give me a step-by-step guide, to setting a favourite when you are in position, and/or how to set it as a favourite so it can guide you to the place when it's sort of in the middle of nowhere like a lot of places up here LOL

I really just need the practise before I set off on a trip in a couple of weeks.

BTW the settings menu is set for English.

Hi D. I’d stop off at the dealership where you got it. They’d show you in a matter of minutes. I think my Mazda has a TomTom set up and it’s clunky as anything. I mostly use Waze/ Google Maps on my phone. The Mazda is an older set up though.

Rich

Huh!! Thereby hangs a tale. No dealership involved, as it was my sister's car and my nephew sent it up to me after she died as it's an automatic which I needed. There's no Renault dealership in Perth any more and the other nearest is a city I don't ever go to.

I've tried Googling how to get rid of that keyboard, but it only sends me to the Settings menu to change the language. Can't find any help in the handbook either.

Ahhh. Sorry D. I assume you’ve tried YouTube or a Renault Forum? Might have an answer. Good luck.
No, I haven't. I gave up 'internet' type stuff as I'm obviously not phrasing the question properly as Googling were giving me the Settings menu.

I just did a quick search and looks like Arnold Clark are the Renault dealers in Perth???
Well they certainly used to be, but when I went into the Renault site and asked for dealers, Perth wasn't on the map!

If you've found something that shows that they still may be, I'll get in touch with them. Just thought... they may still have staff that know anyway! As I've another question for them.... there was a message popped up a few weeks back saying the subscription needed to be renewed??? Thought it would be lifetime of the car!

Hmmm. Just tried Renault dealer locator and nothing came up for Perth. Nearest appear to be Dunfermline, Dundee and Stirling.

Attachments

• B4F12C90-9402-4741-AB79-E3F34010E74B.png
    B4F12C90-9402-4741-AB79-E3F34010E74B.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
Hmmm. Just tried Renault dealer locator and nothing came up for Perth. Nearest appear to be Dunfermline, Dundee and Stirling.
Yeah... that's what I found.

I was sure there'd be someone on here who was 'expert' at using these things. Trip down south imminent, so may revive my trusty Garmin, even though I have to stick it to the windscreen.

Not done that trip since a few years before Covid, so I'm sure the route round Glasgow will have changed (last trip there was no end of road works until I hit the M74) and I'll be going to my niece who has a new house!

Thanks Walwyn... I'll have a play with that when I'm next in the car. I take it you get there through "Preferences"? I don't remember seeing all that before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back