• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod mount for Swaro ST 80 (1 Viewer)

Art Thorn

I'm quite excited because I might actually have something useful to contribute today. I just purchased a second-hand Swaro and had a Manfrotto tripod with 128RC head available. I faced the same problem that we all do with swivelling. My quick release plate has three holes, all threaded. The centre has the standard screw to fasten the scope. One has a pin, which can be removed. The other, on the back, lines up perfectly with the second, large hole in the bottom of the scope mount. So the right machine bolt (metric thread), with a bit of filing of the head so that it fits snuggly in the Swaro's larger hole (doesn't thread in - just slipps in), can be threaded into the back hole from the top of the plate. THe swaro drops on, the standard screw fastens it, and, voila, no swivelling! Sonuds complicated but is dead easy and takes 15 minutes. You just need the machine screw and a file, hacksaw (to cut the bolt to the right length) and a way of holding the bolt while you file. I'll send a photo to anyone interested.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back