• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dumb question about Bushwacker's! (1 Viewer)

[email protected]

Supporter
When you install Bushwacker's objective covers on your binoculars do you install them with the hinge at the bottom of your objective or to the side. It doesn't work to install them with the hinge at the top because they obstruct your view when looking over the top of the binoculars. I have always installed mine at the bottom but I got to thinking the hinges of the Bushwackers rub against your chest when they hang on the strap. Would it be better to put them on with the hinge on the side so they wouldn't poke you when they hang on their strap around your neck. How do you guys install your Bushwackers?

Last edited:
Hi Dennis

I know what you mean about the hinges and top i tried various ways of installing them and basically settled for the hinge offset from the top a little to the side so that when opened the covers are nearly crossing one another
I did try with the hinge at the bottom but found it much more intrusive
I guess its one of the things about pop up covers
By the way glad you really like the E11 10 x i thought you would given your past experience with great optics

Regards
RichT

On my Nikon 8x30 eii, I positioned the hinges on the inside, between the objectives. That way the caps are completely out of the way when open. The caps do overlap; one on top of the other, but that doesn't cause any real problems. You can't do this with roofs of course, but I assume we're talking about the 10x35 eii's you just bought. I tried a pair on some roofs and never really found an orientation that I liked. I finally took them off.

On my Nikon 8x30 eii, I positioned the hinges on the inside, between the objectives. That way the caps are completely out of the way when open. The caps do overlap; one on top of the other, but that doesn't cause any real problems. You can't do this with roofs of course, but I assume we're talking about the 10x35 eii's you just bought. I tried a pair on some roofs and never really found an orientation that I liked. I finally took them off.

Interesting solution! I never thought of the inside position. That might work best. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back