• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

7D2 help please! (1 Viewer)

wardy11

Hi,
I hope someone may be able to help me as I'm not an expert on problems with photography.
I've been using my 7D2 with Canon 100mm macro lens and have issues which I don't understand.
I have included a couple of photos taken today to show the problem as it's difficult to explain. These are the first 5 shots taken but others are similar.
Any help would be appreciated - Is it me, the camera or my settings?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• _MG_0752 [HDTV (720)].jpg
    _MG_0752 [HDTV (720)].jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 90
  • _MG_0753 [HDTV (720)].jpg
    _MG_0753 [HDTV (720)].jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 79
  • _MG_0754 [HDTV (720)].jpg
    _MG_0754 [HDTV (720)].jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 87
  • _MG_0755 [HDTV (720)].jpg
    _MG_0755 [HDTV (720)].jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 67
  • _MG_0756 [HDTV (720)].jpg
    _MG_0756 [HDTV (720)].jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
This is usually a card or card reader problem. If you used a card reader then try transferring the images direct from the camera with a USB cable or a different card reader. If that doesn't work, do the images look OK on the camera screen? If they don't you could try some test images with a different card in the camera.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much, it was the card reader that was at fault!
I have just taken some more pictures off the camera via USB and everything is fine. I don't use a card reader as a rule but couldn't find my lead yesterday.
I really appreciate the help.

What you could try is to format the card as opposed to deleting pictures from it and see if the problem persists.

Thanks Colin, I do that anyway each time I empty it but it appears to be a card reader that I recently purchased that was causing the problem. I took some more pictures today and agin all was fine using the USB transfer lead so I'm sure things will be fine now.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back