• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Vortex Viper HD 15-45x65 and 20-60x80 spotters coming soon (1 Viewer)

Jerry,

It was a wonderful time. You pretty much hit the nail on the head. There was just about every major optics manufacturer there and some retailers. I did not see Bushnell or Minox though surprisingly Stephen Ingraham was there for Zeiss, Ben Lizdas and Eagle Optics, Chris Galvin and Pete Gamsby from Opticron, Cameron Cox from Leica....Swarovski, Nikon, Vanguard, Kenko. There was even a booth for Time and Optics Ltd. I have received their catalog in the past but was not familiar with them at all. You can say I was doubly-surprised to see two little Amish women handing out optics to try. I even had the opportunity to speak to Michael and Diane Porter and one of the gentlemen involved in the optics reviews for the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. I do realize that both of those reviews are often torn apart here on the forums but it was nice to be able to talk about optics in general with folks that have as much passion about them as we do.

I included a few more pics. The last is the future Mrs. D. I will paypal anyone $20 if they can figure out the binocular she is using. ;)

Attachments

• swar.JPG
    swar.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 244
  • isle.JPG
    isle.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 227
  • fian.JPG
    fian.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back