• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Razor HD Gen 1 20-60x85 vs Athlon Ares G2 20-60x85 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

travisurkul

United States
Hello,

I am admittedly not much of a bird watcher, but am looking for a spotting scope for an upcoming deer hunt out west. I did not get much of a response yet on the hunting forum I posted to. Both of these spotters seem to be similar in price and in my price range. It is hard to find specific info comparing each in the 20-60x models. The Razor is more compact and has a wider field of view, but optical quality is what I’m looking for an opinion on.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I am admittedly not much of a bird watcher, but am looking for a spotting scope for an upcoming deer hunt out west. I did not get much of a response yet on the hunting forum I posted to. Both of these spotters seem to be similar in price and in my price range. It is hard to find specific info comparing each in the 20-60x models. The Razor is more compact and has a wider field of view, but optical quality is what I’m looking for an opinion on.

Thanks in advance
Birdforum is a hunting-free forum.

This thread is now closed.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back