• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Straw defends 'trivial new laws' (BBC News) (1 Viewer)

Its illegal to kill game birds on a Sunday so dont really need a law against selling them as there are none to sell.

is it illegal for markets and supermarkets?

I think the law mentioned here refers to game killed on a Sunday so it shouldnt effect when it is sold.I'm sure supermarkets and some markets and game dealers would sell game on a Sunday but it wouldnt have been killed on a Sunday because that is already illegal.
If it does refer to game being sold on a Sunday i cant see any reason why that shouldnt be allowed that would mean shops would have to remove certain products for one day a week.

Yes, i'd like to know the reasoning behind that. Maybe something to do with poaching????

I suppose it could be but how would anybody know when it had been killed, it would be so easy to just wait and sell it on the Monday.

perhaps the government should fund forensic tests on all game to be sold, to make sure no-one is flouting the law. A good use of public money me thinks :smoke: |^|

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back