• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BT has upgraded their e-mail....what do other BT customers think of this? (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
Hi there

I received an e-mail as a customer in mid-March stating that BT where changing the set up of their e-mails - for paying bills online, offering more protection etc... :eek!:

I found out I had to ring up their BT customer support to set up my mail addresses correctly, along with my partners e-mails for a 'phone contact' period of 2 hours on the phone alone! :C

Now as it stands, the new e-mail set-up is clumsy to use, slow to do anything My e-mail session keeps expiring, and throwing me out.... and it is driving me crackers :eek!:

Does anyone here use BT mail (e-mails) and what do they think of the new set-up.

Regards
Kathy
x

You can use any email client. Mozilla Thunderbird is free and good I've never had a problem with it. Set up is easy, it will normally transfer all your settings automatically. If you use rules
then I think you will need to set them up again.

Phil

Another vote for Thunderbird here Kathy. I have more than one e-mail address and it handles them fine.

I just go into the on-line accounts and delete the messages there every now and again (deleting them in Thunderbird doesn't delete them from the account with your e-mail supplier and a long time ago I was told that can cause problems if you've too many messages stored - TB doesn't seem to care how many you have LOL).

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back