• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice on the best camera. (1 Viewer)

dgethin

I am very new to Digiscoping, I have purchased a Celestron Ultima Refractor 80 - 45 angled scope, and a Celestron Universal Digital Camera Adapter, to go with my (already owned) Panasonic Lumix TZ5 camera.
I am having a some problems with vignetting. Since I bought the scope I have found that the Lumix camera is not very suitable for digiscoping.
I am having my 65th birthday soon, so my wife is going to buy me a new camera.
I would like to know what is the best camera to go with my Celestron scope.
I am sure some of the experts will give me some suitable advice.
Many Thanks.
Looking forward to your replies!!!!

From my experience, each spotting scope loves different cameras, I had the celestron Ed and regal fed, with the f-ed I tried the Nikon p5100 which, meant to be a digiscoping gem, wasn't totally in love with my scope. Since I wasn't loaded with money I did ot try many cameras. That being said there was one camera both the ed and f ed loved, that was the panosonic ls75, easy to line up and gave excellent pictures. Its a very basic camera and hard to come by but if you look at my gallery I have pics where stated taken with the ed and ls60 (same camera just less pixels)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back