• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What about these vintage binoculars? (1 Viewer)

Hi, could someone tell me something about these antique binoculars? I wasn't able to find them or any information on the internet. Where were they made? What about quality? The view is quite clear, but I'm afraid they need some collimation adjust... :/
DfsSjl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
NEsoDc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

E Kraus of Paris made a Grand Champ 8x30, but I think they would be much earlier than these look to be, random guess later Japanese copy, do you a front view?

Hi there,
I think maybe Hong Kong, Macau or Korea at a guess. c.1960?
The claimed field of 8.5 deg is unlikely. Probably 7.5 deg or less.
The case looks cheaper than most Japanese.
Little commercial value, but interesting anyway.

The marking "Grand Champ" appears on many French 8x30 Deltrentis/Deltrintem derived binoculars and means wide field.

Looking at this again, the style, prism plates and focus wheel remind me a lot of the Japanese made Ozeck Hawk, even the eagle emblem looks a little similar to the hawk head on the Ozeck hawk.

The emblem is the same as the current Eagle Optics, an American importer and distributor who has their own line of optics as well as selling other lines. Most of their branded binoculars are Chinese made, but a few of the higher end binoculars were made in Japan. They have an active web site and are great about answering inquiries.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back