• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SLC 8x32? (1 Viewer)

stereotruckdriver

Since Swarovski has revamped their binocular lines I was hoping they would introduce a 32mm variant in the SLC line.

To me it makes perfect sense.

Lower cost CL's, SLC then EL's.

I think an SLC HD in 8x32 would be extremely popular.

I can picture the binocular.

We have several similar designs body wise in the lower teirs of other manufactures.

I had hoped the CL wasn't going to be the replacement for the 8x30 SLC's.
But looking at what's become available I guess it is what it is?

Anybody else interested in seeing 8x32 SLC HD?

Bryce...

Bryce,

I am for sure, and have wondered about it for some time. Unfortunately, my conclusion is that an 8x32 SLC HD (more likely an 8x32 SLC) would be the death knell for the CL.

Ed

And, I might add, that an 8x32 SLC would also put market pressure on the 8x32 SV. An 8x32 SLC HD would put enormous pressure on it.

I've lost my virginity wrt sports optics. Lucky as hell that I bought the HD while it was still available; I'll need it in the boat on my way to Valhalla.

Ed

Last edited:
Anybody else interested in seeing 8x32 SLC HD?

I'd be interested as long as it didn't have the same crappy objective covers the EL line has (snap-in covers that don't work).

Bring back the old SLC's objective covers.

The SLC's are better viewing bins to me than the Swirlovision or CL's.

I could be tempted to a 8x32 SLC.

Last edited:
I'd be interested as long as it didn't have the same crappy objective covers the EL line has (snap-in covers that don't work).

Bring back the old SLC's objective covers.

The SLC's are better viewing bins to me than the Swirlovision or CL's.

I could be tempted to an 8x32 SLC's.

I've heard that about the EL covers. Actually, judging from my SLC HD the objective covers work beautifully. They insert firmly into the objective rings and have to be popped out by hand. They don't simply fall out on their own.

Ed

All,

I'm very surprised to hear how many out there prefer the slc to the el.

It was the opposite for me. I was never impressed by swaro until the el was introduced, and it became my favorite and first alpha.

Still feel the same about the Swaro line today, however, the 8x25 pocket has become the second Swaro I've found that gets my attention.

I'm all for more choices as i know we are all different.

Just surprised at how often i hear people saying they prefer the slc to the el.

CG

All,

I'm very surprised to hear how many out there prefer the slc to the el.

It was the opposite for me. I was never impressed by swaro until the el was introduced, and it became my favorite and first alpha.

Still feel the same about the Swaro line today, however, the 8x25 pocket has become the second Swaro I've found that gets my attention.

I'm all for more choices as i know we are all different.

Just surprised at how often i hear people saying they prefer the slc to the el.

CG

Not all SLCs are the same. The SLCs that existed when the ELs were introduced were nowhere near the SLC HD today; and many, including me, chose them over the SVs. But, you're right, we're all different.

Ed

Last edited:
If there was an 8x32 SLC HD (or a 7x42... *drool*) I would have to really fight myself to not save up and purchase it. The 8x42 SLC HD is probably the best binocular I've ever picked up as the view was so incredibly sharp, clean and bright with a wide sweetspot but also lacking in the issues I had with the SV - namely, rolling ball and hand placement ergonomics.

Justin

I would love an 8x32 SLC HD- or even better yet for me (and never gonna happen)- a 7x32 SLC HD.

I still really like my 7x30 SLC and my Swaro 8x30 Habicht Porro; but... if they came out with a 8x32 SLC HD, it would be tough to resist.

Since the outcoming of the Lynx/Nikon model it would not surprise me, and this is wishfull thinking, if Swaro lowered the CL 30 price to 749,00 and introduced a SLC 30/32 in the pricerange of 1.249,00 euro's.
I know, I would make that move.

Jan

I've heard that about the EL covers. Actually, judging from my SLC HD the objective covers work beautifully. They insert firmly into the objective rings and have to be popped out by hand. They don't simply fall out on their own.

Ed

Question... are they easy to pop on and off while the binoculars are around your neck? The old SLC covers were just like the current Leica Objective covers, and you could/can pop them on and off at will with little effort.

The new SLC objective covers look like they'd be harder to take on and off on the go...????

I would love an 8x32 SLC HD- or even better yet for me (and never gonna happen)- a 7x32 SLC HD.

I still really like my 7x30 SLC and my Swaro 8x30 Habicht Porro; but... if they came out with a 8x32 SLC HD, it would be tough to resist.

I used a 7x30 SLC for a long time. Great bin. If Leica, Zeiss or Swaro would make a 7x32 I'd be the first in line to buy it!

But an 8x32 SLC HD would interest me as well... No Swirlvision for me.

Question... are they easy to pop on and off while the binoculars are around your neck? The old SLC covers were just like the current Leica Objective covers, and you could/can pop them on and off at will with little effort.

What I'd like to see is binoculars with standard filter threads at the objectives. That would allow me to use filters whenever necessary and screw-in objective covers for all those situations where they may be *really* essential.

Hermann

Since the outcoming of the Lynx/Nikon model it would not surprise me, and this is wishfull thinking, if Swaro lowered the CL 30 price to 749,00 and introduced a SLC 30/32 in the pricerange of 1.249,00 euro's.
I know, I would make that move.

Jan

There you go, wishful thinking or not that is what I would like to see.
Bryce...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back