• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olympus C55 / C5500 (1 Viewer)

phil foot

Hi

We are looking for a new digital camera. The C55 or i think it is known as the C5500 with its 5 megapixals, and its 5 x zoom seems a good deal.

Can anyone give some help in its quality of images, and ease of use, and whether it may be a good buy not only as a general digital camera, but also fo future use with a digiscope.

Your help would be welcomed

Kind regards

Phil

From pictures of it, it seems like it has a very large lens (in diameter). I should think it would not work too well for digiscoping.

Also, if you're going to buy a camera like that, why not buy a super-zoom, like the C-765 or 770? Yes, they are only 4MPs, but I'll bet if you wait awhile they'll be coming out with a 5MP model (although I've been saying that for a year now!).

If you specifically want such a camera mainly for digiscoping, I think there are probably better ones, probably talked about in the digiscoping area.

Thus, IMHO, I don't see much to recommend this middle-zoom camera.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back