• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

garden Birdwatch (1 Viewer)

robert.wright46

Did my weekly BTO Garden birdwatch session today nothing special just the usual suspects
magpies
Robin
housesparrows
jackdaws
coal tit
great tit
blue tit
willow tit

Mine:

blue tits
robin
house sparrows
starling
great tits
collared doves
coal tit
goldfinches ( numbers building up again now - 10 on one occasion)
great spotted woodpecker
magpies

The nuthatch deserted me again, but returned on Sunday but no chaffinch, greenfinch or dunnock! In fact I have not seen a chaffinch here for some time now - most unusual.

I used to have two pairs of Bullfinches but have not seen them since late spring, which is unusual. I really miss them, and hope they are OK. Im hoping they have found other food in the countryside. Has anyone else found this? T.

All my feeding stations are very quiet, that is rather sad for me, but with plenty of insects available and seed still all easily found I believe it's just waiting for some colder weather before the natural food supplies become short. I was watching several birds this morning stuffing all the berries from a hawthorn hedge, mainly blackbirds and sparrows, with blue tit and greattit. In my own garden I can hear the greenfinches and chaffinches but with plenty of berries and fruit for them and I can hear them all over the garden, but not to any of the feeders.

Today.
2 Blue tits.
1coal tit.
15 Greenfinches.
4 chaffinches-m-6 female.
50+ house sparrows.
30ish + starlings.
10 collared Doves.
4 Dunnocks.
Blackbirds very vocal, but no actual sighting for a few days, seems strange.

Still awaiting for bullfinches to return!! fingers crossed.
bert.

i live nearish to you seen about 100 species locally but amazingly never seen a jackdaw. seen them in stoney villages in peak district and wales. well done with willow tit. guessing you live south east manchester

bolton birdman said:
i live nearish to you seen about 100 species locally but amazingly never seen a jackdaw. seen them in stoney villages in peak district and wales. well done with willow tit. guessing you live south east manchester
cheshire derbyshire border near the high peak New Mills area

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back