• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Reducing the feed bill. (1 Viewer)

smeltmill

Dear all,
Took this a few minutes ago in pouring rain through double glazing.
Regards.
G B-S.

Attachments

• Sph 1.jpg
    Sph 1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 190
I love it!
Is that your Sparrow Hawk? I have a juv Cooper's Hawk that had waited on the dead tree next to the feeders for a couple days. Your's seems a little more anxious for the fast food lines to start up!
Shelley
Shelley

I looked out late this afternoon, when my feeders would normally be alive with birds and nothing! Then I looked up into the tree above the bird table and saw why! Same thing, only I didn't get a picture of her, she was just about to take off, and flew away, empty-beaked (I'm glad to say, I know they gotta eat, but not my birdies please!) The little ones were back out of the holly and trees within a couple of minutes.

songbird said:
I looked out late this afternoon, when my feeders would normally be alive with birds and nothing! Then I looked up into the tree above the bird table and saw why! Same thing, only I didn't get a picture of her, she was just about to take off, and flew away, empty-beaked (I'm glad to say, I know they gotta eat, but not my birdies please!) The little ones were back out of the holly and trees within a couple of minutes.

A nice shot with window in the way and all the bad weather were haveing but don't you think we would look so sad if we missed dinner. (L O L )
REGARDS walt-m :clap:

Dear all,

A sequel to the forlorn Sparrowhawk.

It has cheered up enormously since the last picture.

To day it enjoyed a few laps of the drawing room on the inside before settling and allowing me to capture it.

Our well regulated home is now back to normal apart from the cat who is receiving counselling.

The photograph is courtesy of Mrs G B-S.

Regards.
G B-S.

Dear all,

Another try.
This is the photograph that should have been attached to the previous letter.

Regards.
G B-S.

Attachments

• Sparrowhawk 1.jpg
    Sparrowhawk 1.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 113
Excellent. Thanks for the link from the gallery to here!

I'm pleased to hear your cat is receiving counselling for his/her traumatic time. I'm equally pleased to hear of the sparrowhawk surviving. It took a liking to your drawing room then...?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back