• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon a95 Digiscoping (1 Viewer)

therock

I have a Canon A95 and want to get into digiscoping. Can you tell me what adapters I need and what is a good scope to purchase, All tips are greatly appreciated.

therock said:
I have a Canon A95 and want to get into digiscoping. Can you tell me what adapters I need and what is a good scope to purchase, All tips are greatly appreciated.

Regarding a scope, buy the best quality you can afford, it doesn't have to be mega-bucks, have a good look through this forum there's loads of info from other peoples' questions that will give you a better idea than one persons' opinion. Try to afford ED/fluorite glass, the quality difference shows in digiscoping.

Re adapters, Lensmateonline do very good adapters to fit the A95 dress ring, you would then need a barrel/tube adapter to fit this to your scope. As an alternative there is the SRB-Griturn swing-out adapter which seems to be the answer to most digiscopers adapter problems.

Have a really good look through this forum and the adapter forum, it will give you a good idea what people are using and where to get it.

Regards

John

PS I didn't realise this was only your second post, welcome to Birdforum.
It can help reduce your search times if you use the "search forum option" to look for items you are interested in.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back