• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weather For July 2013 (1 Viewer)

Past few days have been VERY humid and muggy up here with lots of sunny spells and only the occasional breeze to make life a bit more comfortable :smoke:

Today *5th* is grey and cloudy at the moment but still warm. Slight breeze. Forecast is for the sun to come out around 11am ;)

The sun arrived early at 10.35am ;) By 4pm it was FAR TOO HOT!!!!!! :eek!: I was potting up some pelargonium plants and in the 15 minutes I was outside I couldn't believe just HOW hot it was!

Lovely evening now - clear blue skies and still sunny but a nice cooler temperature :t:

Back to work tomorrow and I've already got a small fan packed to clip to the side of my desk as it's been muggy all week so lord knows what it'll be like tomorrow afternoon when I start at 12.30pm :-O

How come fat will melt when you add heat (as in the frying pan) yet I'm COVERED in the stuff and ain't getting any slimmer in this heat!!! :smoke:

A grey start but pleasantly warm but by 2pm the sun had broken through and it's now hot hot hot!!!!!! :-O Currently 18C.

How come fat will melt when you add heat (as in the frying pan) yet I'm COVERED in the stuff and ain't getting any slimmer in this heat!!! :smoke:

A grey start but pleasantly warm but by 2pm the sun had broken through and it's now hot hot hot!!!!!! :-O Currently 18C.

:-O:-O I know the feeling.:smoke:

Sauna here. Dare I say too hot, well I did anyway. Same all week from the forecast.

Too hot!!!!!! :smoke: :-O A misty start soon cleared by 11am to leave an increasingly hot afternoon.

Tomorrow is forecast even hotter :eek!:

God bless the inventor of the indoor fan :-O I couldn't have got through yesterday afternoon at work without it!!!!

Saturday 13th ~ sunny & humid, 23C. Greyer towards evening with light drizzle overnight.

Sunday 14th ~ Drizzle cleared by 9am to leave hot hot hot day :smoke: Currently 19C.

Neil informed me today that they are saying this hot stretch will last for another fortnight AT LEAST!!!!! :eek!:

Clear blue skies and bright sun all day up here in Alnwick and 23c. I stayed close to the fan at work AND kept the back door open so it was a lot less humid in the shop :t:

They mentioned rain over Skye in the weather forecast......what's rain? ;)

Another muggy hot day, clouding over after 4pm but remaining too warm for comfort :smoke: 23c.

Another bright sunny day with blue skies and barely a fluffy wee cloud in sight :smoke: Forecasted to get up to 23c again today....working 12.30 until 6pm then off for two days :t:

Had a builder in our shop at 3pm and he said it had just hit 30c :eek!: Apparently it was 28c at Seahouses on the coast at 10am :smoke:

Definitely TOO HOT for me :-O I can take minus temperatures no problem and still be in short sleeves but hot weather just cripples me :-C

Thursday 18th July

TOO HOT!!!!! Just nice at 5am but by 10am it was absolutely scorching :eek!: 25c. BY 1pm I was back indoors before I melted 3:)

Friday 19th July

Breezy with a lot more white cloud but still fairly warm. Currently (11.15am) 19c

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back