• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Other uses for your Leica scope ? (1 Viewer)

dxchaser

Hi,
I am curious, what other uses do you have for your Leica scope when you are not using it for birding ?
I have owned my Televid APO77 now for 6 months and it was the right choice for me.
Not many clear nights of late so i have been unable to observe the night sky
but i can see planes landing & taking off from Manchester airport 19 miles away and that has kept me occupied.
I am contemplating buying a wide-angle eyepiece also, something to put on my Christmas list i guess.
One of the more interesting things to watch is rock climbing,
From Tittersworth reservoir (Staffordshire moorlands) climbers can be viewed on the rocks at the top of Blackshaw moor, it’s interesting to see the technique 1st hand without actually being 100ft on a cliff face !

dxchaser said:
Hi,
I am curious, what other uses do you have for your Leica scope when you are not using it for birding ?
I bet some of the nudists on Son bou beach on Menorca are probably thinking the same, as I make my way to the nearby marshes loaded up with optical and photographic gear! Although my 'scope is a Swaro..:cool: :cool:

Roger

A large number of spotting scopes go to the target shooting community.... so they can check their scores from vast distances, my old TSN4 is now used for such a purpose, though angled scopes are more popular than straights for shooters.
I've also seen a Kowa 824 used in a coastguard lookout and Met police used to use Nikon scopes for obs.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back