• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grub screws coming loose? (1 Viewer)

jeffo50

Is it just me or does this happen to others too?

Since I bought my Skywatcher ed80 ds pro, the little screws on the focuser back plate seems to come loose and cause a little play in the focusing wheels. I've since tightened them up a little and will be keeping my eyes on them!

And two screws also came loose and lost, on my T Mount ring adapter.

Then I invested in a Max Dslr 2 in 1 T mount and short tube thinking that it made out of a single piece of metal, and will be better at holding my full size dslr.
But it actually has 3 grub screws through the T mount ring and locking a small extension tube into place!
1 of those grub screws fell off and was lost, and the other two needed tightening! I'm plagued by loose screws everywhere. Grrrrr......

If that Max dslr tube became loose, my dslr would be knackered!

Now, I gotta keep and eye on these little blighters.

Anyone suffer from this too?

The only ones I get coming loose are the T-ring ones. Last time I did them up really tight and they have been ok since. Some of the others like the focuser aren't done up really tight as they are for adjustment so I just cover them with some blu-tac. You could use some tape or something similar.

Paul.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back