• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss SF 8x30 vs SFL 8x40 (2 Viewers)

It might be worth remembering the SF isn't intended to be sharp all the way to the edge: if that's important to you, you might want to look at something like a Swarovski EL or NL. Good luck in your hunt for the perfect binocular! :giggle:
Don't the Victory SF series have field flatteners? I never looked through them, but I have read in this forum that they have one of the flattest fields.

Just wanted to report that after some more testing, I decided to go with the SFL 8x40 for its easier eye placement and color profile.

One thing that I didn't mention about the SF 8x32 that I just recently noticed .. my wife has even worse nearsightedness (-10) than me (-7) and when I had her look through the SF 8x32 without eyeglasses, even after she turned the focus wheel all the way, she could not see far away images clearly. For me, the SF 8x32 has just enough "range of focus" (I don't know what the proper term is here). The SFL on the other hand, has more range and my wife didn't have an issue with that.

I'll for sure miss the "pop" of the SF though!

Thanks again for everyone's input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back