• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spotted Owlet nesting (1 Viewer)

Hi ,

Am new to this forum and introduce myself as a birdwatcher from Asia region. Here we have a common owlet called Spotted owlet whose habitat spans across India and some parts of Asia. Want to know if anybody have seen them nesting in burrows. I have never heard about them nesting in burrows here but recently I discovered this when visited an area where they were nesting in a burrow. Hope this forum could be of some help.

Thanks !

Welcome to Birdforum!

I am not familiar with Spotted Owlet (Athene brama), but it would not surprise me at all if it sometimes nested in burrows, as its close relative Burrowing Owl (Athene cunicularia) in North America normally nests in burrows, and Little Owl (Athene noctua) in Europe sometimes does.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back