• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Poor Year For Rare And Scarce Birds So Far (1 Viewer)

rokermartin

This year must be one of the worst on record so far for rarites and scarce birds.Very few scarce birds have been seen such as Bluethroats,Wrynecks,RBShrikes,Marsh,Icterine Warblers W.W Black Terns and as for rarities to speak of very few have been seen this year.Apart from the Scops Owls,BW Stilts,WT Sparrow,Paddyfield Warbler,Broad billed Sandpipers and one or two other goodies.Hope it is a better autumn for scarce and rare birds.Even some of the common summer visitors have been reported in low numbers like Spotted Flycatcher,Wood Warbler,Chiffchaff,Pied Flycatcher.Seems things are getting bad for our birds.Dont know what our UK birding is going to be like if this trend continues.

rokermartin said:
This year must be one of the worst on record so far for rarites and scarce birds.Very few scarce birds have been seen such as Bluethroats,Wrynecks,RBShrikes,Marsh,Icterine Warblers W.W Black Terns and as for rarities to speak of very few have been seen this year.Apart from the Scops Owls,BW Stilts,WT Sparrow,Paddyfield Warbler,Broad billed Sandpipers and one or two other goodies.Hope it is a better autumn for scarce and rare birds.Even some of the common summer visitors have been reported in low numbers like Spotted Flycatcher,Wood Warbler,Chiffchaff,Pied Flycatcher.Seems things are getting bad for our birds.Dont know what our UK birding is going to be like if this trend continues.

I cant complain i have had 2 ticks so far this year, thats about average for me considering i am over 450 BOU ;)

And one of them was a dream bird of mine as well!!!!!

Bring on the wader passage for a White Tailed Plover or Little Whimberl!!!!!!

Sylvia.

sylvia staffs said:
I cant complain i have had 2 ticks so far this year, thats about average for me considering i am over 450 BOU ;)

And one of them was a dream bird of mine as well!!!!!

Bring on the wader passage for a White Tailed Plover or Little Whimberl!!!!!!

Sylvia.

Do tell! What were they?????

James

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back