• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

tree pipit or other pipit ..? Poland (1 Viewer)

Michał Jaro

Hello
Is it tree pipit or other ? What causes my doubts - whitish brest,
yellow-buff side (below the wing).
Please help

Attachments

• IMG_3113 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_3113 (Copy).JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 157
Any more images? Although the bird appears to show both a pale and a dark spot on the ear coverts, it looks a bit too heavily streaked on the mantle for Olive backed, so I'd err cautiously towards Tree. When was this photographed?

Last edited:
Not a Redwing, face pattern says it's a pipit. It always helps if you say were and when a picture was taken! It looks OK for Tree Pipit IMO but the photo is rather poor so I might be wrong.

Not a very prominent super for a Redwing Andy? Can't see a yellow base to the bill either. That rufous smear on the flanks is somewhat suspicious I will concede, but the image quality isn't the best.

Yeah, I was a bit quick on the trigger.

My team are currently being bent over on (inter)national tv so not really concentrating.

A

Many thanks for your opinions. Of course bird can't be the redwing :) The date is 10 june - what about white breast ? And I havn't any other pictures ):

The breast isn't white but dark streaked on whitish basic colour. It would be a little more buffish in fresh plumage but this is worn off by June.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back