• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Something loose in my camera!? (1 Viewer)

MURAMURA

I baught a D50 last week but when I give the body a slight shake I here a rattling noise are they all like that or is there something loose in mine.
Please advice before I consider taking it back for an exchange.

That is most likely the auto picture rotate detecting device. If you look in your menu, you should find an auto rotate option. This uses a conducting(probably metal) ball in a tube to detect what angle you are shooting at, and to rotate the image accordingly, if auto rotate is select. Unless this noise is very loud when you shake it, don't worry about it. I notice a slight rattle occasionally in mine, but it's not very loud.

BenBirding said:
That is most likely the auto picture rotate detecting device. If you look in your menu, you should find an auto rotate option. This uses a conducting(probably metal) ball in a tube to detect what angle you are shooting at, and to rotate the image accordingly, if auto rotate is select. Unless this noise is very loud when you shake it, don't worry about it. I notice a slight rattle occasionally in mine, but it's not very loud.

Thanks Ben,
I have just been giving my other cameras a shake and they all have that noise I had never noticed it till I baught the nikon my other camera is a panasonic fz20
And even my 25 year old Mamiya ZE quartz has that rattle!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back