• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cable-release adapter for Contax/Kyocera now available (1 Viewer)

Andy Bright

Administrator
Staff member
England
A very neat and simple cable-release adapter is now available for the Contax SL300RT* and similar cameras. This item is now available from Pennine Photographic & Binocular centre in Rochdale HERE for about £39 including a quality vinyl cable-release.
I've been using it for a week or so and it's brilliantly simple and far less cumbersome than the typical brackets used with the Nikon cameras.
Photograph to follow shortly.

Thanks,Andy,I have been to the website as you mentioned on the 300 thread but could not find the adaptor,so will phone them tommorrow.I have not used the camera for digiscoping as I did have some camera shake,so hopefully will be able to have another try.

Here's a couple of photos of this simple but effective device.

Attachments

• cablereleasebracket.jpg
    cablereleasebracket.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 275
  • contaxcablerelease2.jpg
    contaxcablerelease2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 265
Thanks,Andy,I don't suppose you can suggest where I can stock up with a few replacement filter rings do you?.I dare not ask Contax again,as they have already sent me 2 freebies.I am going to send for an adaptor tommorrow ,so will hopefully be able to post a digiscoped pic,soon.

christineredgate said:
Thanks,Andy,I don't suppose you can suggest where I can stock up with a few replacement filter rings do you?.I dare not ask Contax again,as they have already sent me 2 freebies.I am going to send for an adaptor tommorrow ,so will hopefully be able to post a digiscoped pic,soon.
What are you doing to the poor things? I've been swapping between different adapters and doing all sorts with my filter ring over the last few weeks and it's still fine.
I'm afraid you will have to bite the bullet and contact Contax again, it's their product and I don't think retailers stock them... Pennine Photographic may have them. Got a feeling they may charge you though.
regards,
Andy

Thanks,Andy,do not mind paying a small fee.They are only pieces of plastic!!.Hence the reason they keep breaking.

christineredgate said:
Thanks,Andy,do not mind paying a small fee.They are only pieces of plastic!!.Hence the reason they keep breaking.
In what circumstances are these breaking, Christine? If you have broken them as they have been screwed tightly onto the digiscoping adapter, I suggest rubbing some candlewax onto the thread in future.

If you have broken them when attaching your adapter to the camera, then it is just as well they are plastic as unyielding metal could damage the camera's lens mount.

Ideally there should be little reason to ever remove the plastic filter adapter from your main digiscoping adapter.

I think if you contact Contax, they will send you a couple more but suggest that you keep one permanently on your digiscoping adapter and having the other one for any use with filters or whatever.

Regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back