• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 2x Telephoto Lens. TC-E2 (1 Viewer)

Reader

In Warehouse Express there is a special offer on this piece of equipment. It is down to £52.99 from £105.99. On paper it looks a bargain but how good are these Lens?

I have a CP4500 plus also the Eagle Eye 5x. Would this 2x compliment my equipment? In other words is it worth buying?

Hi Reader,

I believe the E2 is simply a 2x converter as opposed to the 3x of the E3.

I used to have the E3 and whilst it's a well made lens, it is very bulky and doesn't add that much magnification to the CP4500. When mine was stolen, with being into digiscoping nowadays I didn't bother with replacing it. I did try adding it to the EagleEye Optic Zoom, but the whole affair was unweildly even when tripod mounted with the EagleEye adapter.

Thanks Ian.

I doubt if I will go for it then. I have to bow to your expertise as that is the reason I ask the questions.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back